- Posted in Uncategorised
- Sunday, 29 April 2012 07:44
- by Sade N. Jemmott
- Hits: 6498
The intent behind ISLAND FUSION was to create an innovative and quality product to encourage more people to participate in our major festival and promote aspects of Barbadian culture internationally. ISLAND FUSION therefore endeavours to create a package which balances the needs of both local and international revellers.
Our objectives therefore are to:
1) Encourage local participation in the Crop Over Festival
2) Expose markets outside of Barbados to local culture in a youth-oriented manner
3 ) Contribute to the innovation and growth of the Crop Over festival
4 ) Contribute to the cultural and creative sectors within Barbados
5 ) Develop a signature event on the Crop Over calendar showcasing culture & industry
6 ) Contribute to the sustainability of the festival via youth involvement
7 ) Promote regional travel via partnerships and linkages; and
8 ) Export the ISLAND FUSION concept to other islands & Caribbean festivals
Conceptualised in November 2009, ISLAND FUSION developed from the fusion of five creative minds: Toni Thorne, Rhea Mapp, Jamilya Browne, Danielle Brome and Sade N. Jemmott. Coming from diverse backgrounds, our team pulls together unique strengths to achieve the common goal of providing the ultimate Foreday Morning experience for Crop Over.
To this end, the unparalleled package which we offer our patrons includes:
• A Membership Card offering discounts on a wide range of goods & services
• New and exciting Costume designs (Special Design (First Call) T-Shirt and Shorts (Female) – T-Shirt (Male))
• Excellent Security for a safe and secure jump (8:1 member to officer ratio)
• Fully Equipped Music Trucks
• Barbados' best DJs as well as specially selected Regional/International DJs
• Unlimited Free Drinks on the Road
• Signature Goodie Bags containing costume, party mug, bandana & sponsored surprises
• Mud, Paint and Water on the Road
• Secured Parking for Patrons during the Foreday Morning jump
• Access to a Shuttle Service to the beginning of the jump
• Scrumptious breakfast after the jump at Weisers
• Complimentary Thank You Party
We also offer an excellent FUSION FITNESS programme at a small additional cost which is ably instructed by Mr. Ramon ‘Doddy’ Dodson and the Zumbunnies Nadia and Leslee for a period of 6 weeks. The programme is geared toward developing a healthier reveller and features Zumba, Beach Circuit and Core Training sessions.
The band's numbers and structure are closely managed to allow the team behind ISLAND FUSION to focus on presenting a quality product to each of our members. However, the ISLAND FUSION experience does not begin and end with the actual jump, but rather, leading up to taking it to the road Foreday Morning, ISLAND FUSION hosts a series of signature events, the first being, the our annual launch party.
The band's Directors, supported by a dedicated team of Committee Members, have developed a system aimed at constantly enhancing the entire operation to keep raising the bar on what it offered as the ultimate Foreday Morning Jam experience. Particularly in terms of offering value for money, the band has not only revolutionised the area of costume design as the first to bring the concept of frontline to j'ouvert celebrations but also goes the extra mile on the other elements of its package, including the development of its extensive membership card discount programme.
In sum, ISLAND FUSION is about the people and the vibe. We consider ourselves a family and our main objective is to have nice, clean fun on the road, so special attention is always placed on safety and security for all members of the band, as well as all patrons at our parties. We did our homework to find out what the people wanted from their experience and our package delivers. We have also conducted the necessary ‘market research’ at numerous J’ouvert celebrations within the region and are ready to do our part to further develop this aspect of Crop Over as a cultural staple in the diets of not only Barbadians, but anyone interested in the festival’s rhythm and revellery.
Meticulously planned, as one would expect from a group of young female professionals, this (like many before it) promises to be an Island Fusion summer!